People are injured or made ill while performing their jobs almost on a daily basis in Georgia. If you are injured or have become ill while performing your job, you are entitled to claim compensation for your damages under the workers’ compensation insurance cover. Hire the best Bowdon workers’ compensation lawyer to represent you because employers and their insurance companies will always do the same. If you don’t hire the best lawyer to handle your case, your claim may be denied or you may get the least amount of compensation.
Bowdon GA has its own share of workers’ comp lawyers, but all of these lawyers are not top-notch. Your research is crucial to selecting the best workers comp lawyer to handle your claim. The Law Office Of John B Jackson is a trusted name in Bowdon GA for all your workers’ comp lawsuits. Our personal injury lawyers in Bowdon have years of experience dealing with workers’ comp claims and obtaining maximum compensation on behalf of our clients.
Your employer can always claim that your injuries were caused outside the workplace and try to deny your benefits under workers’ comp insurance. That’s why you need to work with the best workers’ comp lawyers, The Law Office Of John B Jackson. Call The Law Office Of John B Jackson in Bowdon GA at (770) 988-6155to handle your workers’ compensation claim and obtain maximum compensation for your injuries.
Table of Contents
What Should You Do When You Are Hurt While Working?
- The first thing is to seek medical help if you are seriously injured on the job. Your company may have a medical center or a designated healthcare provider to treat such cases. If not, go to the nearest hospital or medical facility for treatments. Your employer should pay all the travel expenses for such visits.
- Notify the employer or your immediate supervisor about the accident and subsequent injuries you sustained. You should do this on the day of the accident or as soon as possible. Provide your notification in writing.
- Keep a written record of your injuries and symptoms. This will help you when filing the claim. Don’t forget to rest and recuperate so that you heal yourself quickly.
- Take photos or video the accident and your injuries if they are visible.
- File a worker’s compensation claim with the insurance provider with the help of a reliable worker’s compensation lawyer in Bowdon, GA.
Why Should I Work With A Worker’s Comp Lawyer In Bowdon?
You can file a worker’s comp case without the help of a workers’ comp lawyer if the event is straightforward. But most workers’ comp cases are complicated and there are many things to be proved. When you have a complicated workers’ comp claim, the best thing is to hire an experienced workers’ comp lawyer in Bowdon to handle your claim.
The employer can always claim that you did something reckless and it led to your injuries or your injuries were caused outside of the workplace. There is a good chance of your workers’ comp benefits being denied under such circumstances. If this happens, you are at risk of having to pay your own medical expenses and may not receive reimbursement for your lost wages. A good workers’ comp lawyer can help build a strong case on your behalf so that you obtain maximum compensation for your injuries.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Bowdon Workers’ Compensation Lawyer?
You don’t pay anything to hire a workers’ comp lawyer in Bowdon. We work on a contingency fee basis where you pay us only after we win your case. No-win and we don’t charge you anything. You pay a pre-agreed percentage of the compensation amount you receive once our lawyers win your case.
What Should I Do If My Workers Compensation Claim Is Denied?
You will receive a notification from the State Board of Workers’ Compensation explaining the reasons for denying your claim. But if you think the claim is valid, you can request a hearing. Your workers’ comp lawyer will prepare the case for a hearing and build the strongest possible case on behalf of you. Your lawyer will show the judge that your case is valid and you deserve workers’ compensation. If the denial is upheld, you have another opportunity to appeal to the Appellate Division of the State Board of Workers’ Compensation Insurance.
Is There A Time Limit To File A Workers Comp Claim In Bowdon?
Georgia has a time limit of one year to file a workers’ comp case.
Can An Independent Contractor File A Workers Comp Claim?
Under Georgia law, independent contractors are not eligible for workers’ comp benefits.
What Is A Bowdon Workers Compensation Claim Worth?
Workers’ comp insurance covers medical costs for employees with a work-related injury or illness. Here are some of the benefits you could claim under this insurance cover:
- Lost wages when the employee needs to take time off work
- Medical bills – past, present, and future
- Rehabilitation costs and physical therapy
- Prescription medication
- Travel expenses related to treatments for your injuries
- Your income loss replacement benefit
- Permanent Partial Disability (PPD)
- Funeral costs in case of a death
When you have been injured or become ill while performing your job, you are entitled to claim compensation from the workers’ comp insurance policy of the employer. Georgia law allows you to claim medical expenses, lost wages, disability benefits, travel expenses, and a host of other benefits under this policy. Workers’ comp claims are quite complicated at times.
You need to hire the best workers’ comp lawyer in Bowdon GA to handle your case in such instances. Your employer can always state that the injuries were caused outside of the workplace. A good workers’ comp lawyer can help you prove the case and obtain maximum compensation for your injuries. Call The Law Office Of John B Jackson in Bowdon GA at (770) 988-6155 to handle your workers’ compensation claim and obtain maximum compensation for your injuries.