Car accidents often alter a victim’s life, leaving them scarred and with high medical bills. You may be forced to go against an insurance firm to receive your rightful compensation. Unfortunately, it can be very taxing to follow up with insurance after you are involved in an accident. Insurance firms do everything to avoid paying car accident victims their rightful compensation. Let the John B. Jackson Law Firm help you receive your rightful compensation.
Our Carrollton car accident lawyers understand how being involved in a car accident can alter your everyday life. It is even worse when you sustain severe injuries as the medical bills will keep coming. You do not have to face the aftermath of an accident alone. Let us help you get the settlement you deserve while focusing on your recovery journey.
Have you been in a car accident? Do you believe someone else’s negligence resulted in the car accident? Our personal injury lawyer in Carrollton will review your case and help you understand your available options and legal rights. Call the Carrollton car accident lawyers 770-834-0345 today and book a free consultation.
Car Accident Statistics
Car accidents are a far too common an occurrence in Georgia. While most of these accidents are minor, many individuals sustain injuries that alter the course of their lives. Per a report by the Georgia Department of Transportation, there were 331,796 crashes reported in 2020. About 125,000 car accidents resulted in injuries, while 1,588 were fatal crashes.
According to statistics collected by GDOT, between 2016 to 2020, there were 41 fatalities, 2,905 injuries, 39 fatal crashes, and 10,150 car crashes in Carrollton. If you are hurt in a car accident crash in Carrollton or Douglasville, GA, contact the John B. Jackson Law Firm to book a consultation with a skilled Carrollton car accident lawyer.
How Much Does a Carrollton Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
There is no quantifiable amount of how much a Carrollton or Douglasville, GA attorney will cost. Several factors influence the total cost of a Carrollton car accident lawyer. At the John B. Jackson Law Firm, we offer our clients a contingency payment plan. We understand that you may already be financially constrained from the accruing medical bills or loss of income.
Our contingency payment plan essentially means that we do not charge you any upfront consultation fee. We offer our car accident victims free consultation and will represent you in court if you have a case. We will charge you for our services only after we win your settlement. Call our Carrollton car accident lawyers today to learn more about how this payment plan works.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
Car accidents are unpleasant and traumatic experiences, and can cause you a lot of bodily and property damage. If you are involved in a car accident in Carrollton or Douglasville, GA, consider following the listed steps:
- Contact the police: The police must come to the accident scene and take a report. A police car accident report will come in handy for your case. The police will also be able to assess the extent of the damage and note this in their report, which is quite helpful.
- Check on the other involved parties: Do not leave the accident scene until the police have come to the scene and taken the accident report. Ensure you also check up on the other involved parties to confirm they are okay and call for medical help if anyone is severely injured.
- Exchange info: You must exchange your information with the other involved parties. Exchanging info allows you to easily track down or contact the involved parties when seeking a settlement. The info you should exchange includes their phone number, address, license number, insurance company, name, email, and policy information.
- Record the scene: Recording the accident scene ensures you have photographic evidence of the extent of the damage. It will also help to take videos if you can. When recording the accident scene, remember to document any injuries you suffer.
- Never admit fault: When you are involved in a car accident, you must not admit fault. Even if you are fully responsible for the accident, do not admit fault to the other involved parties.
- Seek medical attention: Whether you suffer physical injuries or not, ensure you seek medical attention. Go to the hospital and get a complete body checkup, even if you feel fine. You may have suffered internal injuries.
- Call a Carrollton car accident lawyer: It is critical to immediately call a Carrollton car accident lawyer when you are involved in a car accident. Our Carrollton car accident lawyer will evaluate your case and help you establish all your options.
Related: How Do I Get My Police Accident Report After Car Wreck?
What is the Average Settlement For a Car Accident?
Several factors will affect how much settlement you receive if you get involved in a car accident in Carrollton or Douglasville, GA. There is no standard set price for how much compensation a car accident victim can receive, as all car accidents differ. The physical, financial, and mental hardships you face after your accident are directly proportional to how much compensation you receive.
If you have been in a car accident, contact our Carrollton car accident lawyers. We will evaluate your case and its unique challenges and then help you establish how much your settlement may be worth. The John B. Jackson Law Firm attorneys will also help you determine the type of compensation you should claim to address your specific injuries.
When Should I Get a Carrollton Car Accident Lawyer For My Auto Accident?
Car accidents can be traumatic and forever change your life’s trajectory. We understand that you need to seek medical attention and recover from your injuries. If you or a loved one are in a car accident, it is critical to call a Carrollton car accident lawyer immediately.
If you do not call an attorney immediately, it is still never too late to seek one. At the John B. Jackson Law Firm, we will evaluate your case and help you account for all the losses and injuries you have suffered to ensure you get your rightful settlement. Call our Carrollton car accident lawyers and let us work on your case while you focus on your recovery.
Why Do I Need a Carrollton Car Accident Lawyer?
It is vital to hire a car accident lawyer in Carrollton after being involved in a car accident. We have years of experience working on similar cases and have the skills to go against insurance firms and ensure they offer you a proper settlement. The Carrollton car accident lawyers at the John B. Jackson Law Firm will guide you through the legal procedure, help you understand your rights, and ensure you get your total compensation.
Here is why you need a lawyer:
- Case preparation/filling a lawsuit: Our Carrollton car accident lawyers will help you with your car accident case preparation. We will also help you file your claim and ensure that you do it on time.
- Settlement negotiation: Our Carrollton car accident lawyers are knowledgeable about the law and have years of experience working with car accident victims and negotiating with insurance firms. With us by your side, you can be sure that we will negotiate on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum settlement.
- Trial preparation & representation: Our skilled and knowledgeable Carrollton car accident lawyers will prepare you for trial and represent you during the trial if we disagree with the insurance company about the settlement.
Why You Need An Attorney
What Type of Damages Can I Recover?
The type of injuries you suffer in a car accident will determine what damages you can claim. If you have been recently involved in a car accident in Carrollton or Douglasville, GA, here are the types of damages you can expect to recover:
Economic damages are typically easily quantifiable damages. They refer to any financial loss associated with your car accident and can be verified through monetary statements. They include:
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Medical expenses
- Loss of earning capacity
Non-economic damages are harder to quantify. These damages have no financial projection. They include:
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
Punitive damages are rarely awarded. In Georgia, a court may award a car accident victim punitive damages if they find them guilty of gross misconduct. They are meant to punish the offender and warn the public against indulging in a similar action. Punitive damages are awarded if the offender’s behavior shows disregard for other people’s lives. For instance, a court may award punitive damages for drunk driving, as the driver was aware they were drunk but still chose to drive.
Call the John B. Jackson law firm today if you have any questions regarding your car accident. Our experienced and knowledgeable Carrollton car accident lawyers are here to help you.
How Much Can I Expect to Receive From My Damages?
Multiple factors will influence how much damages you receive. There is no specific damages figure for car accident victims as each case is unique. Here are a few factors that will affect how much damages you can receive in a car accident case based on the evidence you and your Carrollton car accident lawyer can present:
- Fault and Liability: You are entitled to recover all costs for your damages if another party is sorely responsible for causing the accident. If you are partially liable, your financial damages recovery is reduced. If you are more than 49% responsible, you cannot seek compensation.
- Severity of your injuries: The type of injuries you suffer and their severity determines the amount you recover. More severe injuries will typically be awarded a more considerable compensation.
- Type of damage you sustained: You will likely receive more settlement if you sustain an impairment or permanent damage.
- Whether or not you sought medical attention after the accident: You must immediately seek medical attention after getting into a car accident. Otherwise, the insurance company may claim that the accident did not cause your injuries.
How is Fault Determined?
In Georgia, you need a solid case to determine the party at fault. Having an experienced and skilled attorney on your side will come in handy. Several elements affect how fault is determined in Georgia. They include:
- Duty of care: Drivers have the duty to operate their vehicles in a reasonably safe manner. Your duty of care begins when you get behind the wheel, and you are legally required to accord other road users similar care they will accord you under similar circumstances.
- Breach of duty of care: To be held responsible for an accident, you must have demonstrated a breach of duty of care. For instance, you breach the duty of care when you run a red light.
- Causation: Your breach of duty of care must be the actual and legal cause of the accident. Your breach of duty is seen when it directly results in the other party sustaining injuries.
- Damages: You will be held accountable if your breach of duty results in the other party sustaining injuries and suffering losses and damages.
Under Georgia’s modified comparative negligence, you are not entitled to recover damages if you could have avoided the consequences you suffered due to the defendant’s negligence by ordinary care. Were partially at fault for your car accident in Carrollton, Georgia? Don’t fret, our Carrollton car accident lawyers can still recover the compensation you deserve.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim?
The statute of limitation for car accident victims varies from state to state. If you are from Georgia, you must file your claim after your accident as soon as possible. When filing an injury claim, you have a two-year time limit from the time of your accident to file your claim.
If you do not file a personal injury claim within the two years, you will not qualify to receive compensation for any damages you sustained. This is why it is important to get the help of an experienced Carrollton car accident lawyer.
How Long Do I Have to File an Auto Accident Claim?
How Can a Carrollton Car Accident Lawyer Help Me File My Claim?
Hiring a lawyer is crucial as it can help ease filing your claim. Here is how a Carrollton car accident lawyer can help:
- Notify your insurer: Your lawyer will ensure they notify your insurer within a reasonable amount of time, depending on your policy. Once we call your insurer, we will note the date, time, name of the person we talk to, and the claim number we are given.
- Sending reports: We will send your insurer all the necessary reports, including medical and police reports, and a detailed report of everything damaged in the accident.
- Talking to the adjuster: We can talk to the insurance adjuster on your behalf when they reach out after sending them the reports.
- Car assessment: We will help you get a mechanic to assess your car and the damage. You do not have to work with the mechanics the insurer recommends.
- Gather evidence: We will help you gather evidence about the crash. We will then submit it to the insurer.
- Sending the demand letter: We will help you assess and establish the value of your damages, then send the demand letter to the at-fault party.
- Filing a claim: If necessary, we will help you file a personal injury claim.
What Can I Do if Insurance Denied My Claim?
Dealing with insurance companies can be frustrating, and they can deny your claim for multiple reasons. Here are a few reasons insurance may deny your claim:
- Delayed filing: Your claim may be denied because you did not file it within the policy’s set time limit.
- Policy limit: Your claim may be denied if it is more than your policy limit.
- Intentional misconduct: Your insurer may deny coverage and claim you were involved in intentional misconduct. This can include driving under the influence.
- Liability: It is essential to establish the party at fault in an accident and whether or not you share liability. Otherwise, insurance may deny your claim.
When insurance denies your claim, it will be best to talk to a skilled Carrollton car accident lawyer. The John B. Jackson Law Firm car accident attorneys will help relieve you from the burden and frustration of dealing with uncooperative insurers and protect your interests.
Do I Have a Case?
In Georgia, when you are involved in an auto accident and sustain damages and injuries due to the other party’s fault, you may have a case under the Georgia fault system. The best way to know if you have a case and your available legal options are by talking to a skilled attorney.
Call the John B. Jackson Law Firm Carrollton car accident lawyers. Let us evaluate your case and help you determine whether or not you have a case. Even if you are partially at fault but sustained damages and want compensation, call us 770-834-0345. We will go over your case and let you know your available options.
What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
Getting into an accident with an uninsured or underinsured motorist can be tricky. If you are in an accident with an uninsured driver, you will typically cover the costs of the damages. If you have the uninsured motorist coverage, you can call your insurance to file the claim, and they will pay for the damages and your medical costs. They will then take up their fight with the uninsured driver to get their compensation.
Underinsured Motorist Coverage
Underinsured motorist coverage serves to protect you should you get involved in a car accident with an uninsured motorist, so it is best to carry one. Our Carrollton car accident lawyers can help you file a claim if you have no uninsured motorist coverage. These cases can be complicated, but we have the skills and experience to help. Call us 770-834-0345 to learn more.
How Can I Obtain an Accident Report in Carrollton, GA?
If you are from Carrollton, GA, you can obtain a copy of your accident report in the Records Division. You can find it on the second floor of the police department. Note that accident reports cost $5 each.
You have to wait at least three days from when the accident happened to allow the police to process your report. You can also obtain copies on weekends or after hours in the Court Clerk’s Office on the first floor of the Police Department.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents are traumatic and can be fatal. Getting into a car accident can alter the course of your life forever. While some people may leave a car accident with minor injuries, most people sustained severe injuries and may require medical attention for extended periods.
Common car accident injuries include we see at our law firm include:
- Brain injuries
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Head injuries
- Internal injuries
- Facial disfigurement
- Leg & knee injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
What If I Was Hit By a Drunk Driver?
Types of Car Accidents Our Carrollton Car Accident Lawyers Handle
The John B. Jackson Law Firm has experience working with different types of car accidents. We have worked with multiple clients and are knowledgeable about the law. Our Carrollton car accident lawyers understand that each accident is different and presents a unique issue. Here are the types of car accidents we handle:
- Uber accidents: If you are involved in an accident caused by an Uber driver, the company’s insurance should compensate you for any injuries you suffer. These cases tend to be complicated, but our skilled Carrollton car accident lawyers can help you get your rightful settlement.
- Bicycle accidents: Bicycle accidents are a common occurrence and often happen when drivers choose to ignore or fail to recognize bicyclists’ right of way. If you are a bicyclist who’s recently been involved in an accident, call us 770-834-0345 and let a Carrollton car accident lawyer help you get compensation.
- Uninsured motorist: If the at-fault party has no insurance, you can use your uninsured motorist cover. If you are in a crash with an uninsured motorist, reach out to us and let us help you figure out a way forward.
- Truck accidents: Truck accidents can be fatal. Most truck accidents involve truck drivers who do not follow federal and state safety regulations. These cases often involve multiple parties, so you should hire our skilled Carrollton car accident lawyers to represent you and ensure you are fully compensated.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcyclists often suffer catastrophic injuries when they are in an accident with negligent drivers. If you or a loved one has been in a motorcycle accident, let the John B. Jackson Law Firm’s skilled Carrollton car accident lawyers represent you and help you get your rightful compensation.
Related: What Can You Do to Reduce Your Chances of a Rear-End Collision?
Contact Our Carrollton Car Accident Lawyer Today to Schedule a Free Consultation
Our Carrollton car accident lawyers have years of experience helping Carrollton and Douglasville, GA car accident victims receive their rightful compensation. We have the skills to negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf or represent you in court.
Have you been involved in a car accident in Carrollton, Georgia? Our skilled Carrollton car accident lawyers at the John B. Jackson Law Firm will help you pursue your rightful settlement. Call us 770-834-0345 and book your free consultation.
Car Accident FAQs
It is common to have questions after you have been injured in an automobile accident. A few of those questions might be answered here:
Shouldn’t I Just Settle My Case?
It is probable that you will be offered a settlement quickly to keep your case from reaching court. When settling a claim, you are the only person that can decide whether or not the amount of compensation is fair. You will be bound by the agreement of the settlement once it has been accepted. Should you find out at a later point that your damages are worse than you first knew, you will not be permitted, normally, to file for further compensation or re-open your case.
Should I Make a Recorded Statement for an Insurance Adjuster?
Never provide the insurance with a recorded statement before you talk to an experienced Carrollton car accident lawyer. You may end up receiving less compensation than you should or having your claim denied altogether.
After the accident, I Haven’t Noticed Any Injuries. Do I Need to Go to the Hospital in an Ambulance?
If you were severely harmed in an accident or unsure if you have been harmed, seeking emergency medical help from the professional at a hospital as rapidly as is possible. However, if you feel you were not harmed, you will still need to go to your regular doctor just to makes sure. This can be a huge part of making sure your rights are protecting should you need to obtain compensation at a later point if injuries not initially noticeable begin to surface. Call a skilled Carrollton car accident lawyer for more information.
Related: What To Do After a Hit and Run Accident