When you suffer an injury at your workplace, you expect the compensation process to be straightforward. Sustaining injuries while on the job can be stressful for any worker. You must be aware that you are entitled to certain rights, responsibilities, and benefits while at work. This also applies to your employer. They have specific duties and obligations under Georgia law.
Regrettably, some employers and insurance providers may neglect the interests of employees after work-related injuries. This leaves employees in financial limbo, having to deal with huge medical bills and lost wages. The State Board of Workers’ Compensation exists to deal with the plight of injured workers in Peachtree Corners, Georgia.
If you’ve sustained injuries at your place of work, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact a personal injury lawyer in Peachtree Corners John B Jackson Law Firm today for effective legal representation. Our Peachtree Corners workers’ compensation lawyers are available 24/7!
What Should I Do If I’m Hurt on the Job?
If you’ve sustained injuries while on the job, you should:
- Notify your employer about your injuries. Report the incident to your supervisor or the human resources department. Don’t report it to a coworker.
- Seek medical treatment immediately. Remember to follow your physician’s instructions.
- Note down all your symptoms and injuries after the accident. These details are essential when building a strong Peachtree Corners workers’ compensation claim.
- Take pictures of any visible injuries, including cuts, burns, and bruises. At John B Jackson Law Firm, our experienced Peachtree Corners personal injury lawyers will use these photographs to prove the severity of your injuries. This ensures you get the compensation you deserve.
Our legal team can help you file a workers’ compensation claim in Georgia. This gives you the best chance at recovering compensation for damages.
At John B Jackson Law Firm, we will handle the particulars of the case on your behalf. This gives you ample time to rest and recover from your injuries.
Why Should I Hire a Peachtree Corners Workers’ Compensation Lawyer?
Not all workers’ compensation claims are straightforward. Hiring a Peachtree Corners workers’ comp attorney is the best decision if you want to maximize your claim. At John B Jackson, our skilled legal team will ensure that all paperwork is filed on time, including the WC-14 form. We will also gather evidence, speak to eyewitnesses, prove the injury happened in the course of work, assess the severity of your injuries, and appeal a denied decision on your behalf. Let us help you recover the benefit amount you deserve.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Peachtree Corners Workers’ Compensation Attorney?
At John B John, we operate on a contingency fee basis. We only get paid for successful cases. Under this system, you don’t pay any upfront fees for representation.
In Georgia, lawyers aren’t allowed to charge legal fees greater than 25% of the compensation award or weekly settlement. Contact our reliable Peachtree Corners workers’ compensation lawyers today for a free consultation. Remember, we charge no fees until we win your workers’ comp claim.
What Should I Do If My Workers’ Compensation Claim Is Denied?
An insurance company may deny your workers’ compensation claim for reasons such as lack of evidence associating the injuries with a work-related incident or due to a preexisting condition. Some employers may also use rogue tactics to undermine workers’ compensation benefits, including firing an injured worker.
If your claim has been denied, reach out to a Peachtree Corners workers’ compensation lawyer for sound legal counsel. Our legal team will appeal this decision. We will file a hearing request that has to be scheduled within 60 days. Our experienced lawyers are ready to represent your interests at the state board and courts level or the administrative law judge level.
Is There A Time Limit To File A Workers’ Comp Claim In Peachtree Corners, Georgia?
If you’ve sustained injuries while on the job, you have 30 days to file a claim. Regardless of whether your injuries are severe or not, inform your supervisor immediately about your injuries. Delays in filing your claim may result in lost benefits. Do not complicate your claims process by disregarding to file your claim on time.
Can An Independent Contractor File A Workers’ Comp Claim?
Independent contractors in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, aren’t eligible for workers’ compensation. Employers may try to misclassify workers as independent contractors to evade paying their workers’ compensation coverage. Factors such as how you receive your pay, length of employment time, the party controlling working hours, and the contract’s intent distinguish independent contractors from employees. If your employer is arguing that you aren’t eligible for workers’ compensation, call John B Jackson Law Firm for appropriate guidance.
What Is My Peachtree Corners Workers’ Compensation Claim Worth?
When workers are injured while on the job, workers’ compensation provides cash benefits and medical aid for damages. In Georgia, workers’ compensation is necessary to protect employees after a work-related accident. This compensation can help workers stay afloat until they are able to get back to work.
Here’s what your workers’ compensation claim is worth in the state of Georgia:
- Workers’ compensation pays for all medical costs associated with all appropriate and required medical treatment. This includes medication, surgeries, and diagnostic procedures. The insurer is required to pay all your medical expenses. You’ll be expected to seek treatment from an authorized physician.
- Any rehabilitation expenses that result from your injuries, including physical and occupational therapy.
- Cash benefits for the number of days missed after a waiting period of three to seven days.
- Payment for missed wages to cover your temporary disability period. In Georgia, the amount you receive will be no more than $575 every week. Depending on your injuries, you may be eligible to receive this benefit for up to 400 weeks.
- In the event of wrongful death, death and funeral benefits to the worker’s survivors.
- Travel expenses associated with medical treatment of your work-related injury.
- Permanent partial disability for a specific duration for the damage to a particular body part.
- Permanent total disability benefits for workers who are unable to return to work.
Contact Our Attorneys To Review Your Case
Workers’ compensation claims don’t always turn out to be as smooth as we hoped for. Your employer’s insurer may deny your claim. Your employer may not have the right insurance policy for injured workers. What should you do during such a situation?
You require legal representation from a reputable law firm to fight for your rights. Our Peachtree Corners workers’ compensation lawyers will help you throughout the claims process. We will ensure your claim is filed following the proper channels and in a timely manner.
Call (770)988-6155 to request your free consultation with our Peachtree Corners injury firm. Find out how our lawyers can help you secure the settlement you deserve. We don’t charge any upfront fees. Get started now before it’s too late.