Perhaps you were in a car accident. One of the first things you did was file a claim with your insurance company. You explained what happened. You sent them all of the information you have. They tell you a representative will contact you some time soon. The next thing you know, you get a call saying your claim was denied. Now you are left without a car. You probably suffered physical injuries. You are out of work. Now your insurance claim has been denied. What do you do next? Contact a car accident lawyer at The Law Office of John B. Jackson.
Why Your Car Insurance Claim Was Denied
You may wonder why your claim was denied. There are a lot of possible reasons why this has happened. Usually, you will receive a letter of denial issued by the insurance company. The letter should give a specific reason for the denial. Here are some of the most typical reasons why your claim was denied:
- You didn’t make your insurance payments. If you missed even one payment, your policy may have lapsed or canceled. Once this happens, you are no longer insured, and your claim won’t be paid.
- Your policy doesn’t cover the type of damages incurred. If your policy only covers liability, it will only cover personal injuries, not damage to your car.
- You’ve exceeded your policy limits. If you opted for low deductibles you likely have a policy with much lower maximum coverage levels. You want to make sure your policy limits have not been exceeded. If they were, the insurance company will deny your car insurance claim.
- The policy is not in your name. If the policy was in a third party’s name, you may not be covered. If you were driving someone else’s car at the time of the accident, your car insurance claim may be denied.
- Your driving privileges are suspended or revoked. You should have been notified if your driver’s license was revoked or suspended. The DMV notifies you of this upon suspension. If your driver’s license wasn’t in good standing at the time of the accident, your insurance company will not pay.
What Your Car Accident Lawyer Will Need
The first thing you need to do if you are in a car accident is to get medical treatment. The next thing you need to do is call a car accident lawyer. Your lawyer is going to need you to bring several things to his office. Bring these items to your very first consultation.
Make sure you have all of the following information:
- Contact information for the other driver(s) and their insurance information
- Names and numbers for the eyewitnesses.
- Pictures of the accident scene and injuries
- The accident report and police report
- Any paperwork from the hospital or doctors
Your lawyer is going to ask if you received medical attention. It is important that you don’t refuse medical attention. Your insurance company can deny coverage if you don’t have proof of your injuries. You may have a hard time proving that any injuries are a direct result of the car accident. Your car accident lawyer is going to have a difficult time proving your case if you refused treatment.
Contact A Carrollton Car Accident Lawyer
You are going to need a car accident attorney in Carrollton, GA. One of the best choices is the Law Office of John B. Jackson. The experienced attorneys will contact your insurance company and get to the bottom of why your claim was denied. Your lawyer will see if they can find a reason why your car accident claim should have been paid. Car accident lawyers understand how insurance works. They work with the insurance company to pay your claim.
You can get compensation for your injuries and damage to personal property. Make sure you give your car accident attorney in Carrollton, GA proof od all out-of-pocket expenses. You also want to show him proof of how much time you have missed from work. If put out on short-term disability because of your injuries, show your attorney your disability claim paperwork. He will need to communicate with your insurance company to pay for all of these songs.
The insurance company does not want to go to court over your car insurance claim. Let your car accident attorney in Carrollton, GA contacts the insurance company. They will be more than willing to negotiate a settlement of your claim. It is more expensive and time consuming for them to deny your claim. If your policy was in full force, it is in everyone’s best interest to pay the claim quickly.
Call the Law Office of John B. Jackson today for a free consultation. Let an experienced car accident attorney in Carrollton, Georgia fight for you.