When you are injured due to someone else’s fault in your workplace or an auto accident, you can claim compensation from the responsible party for your injuries and property damages. Georgia Law allows you to prove the negligence of the other party and claim maximum compensation from the insurance provider of the responsible party. Proving the negligence of another party is a complicated process in Georgia where comparative negligence is practiced. You need to hire the best personal injury lawyer in LaGrange GA to obtain maximum compensation for your damages.
LaGrange GA has its own share of personal injury lawyers. But all of these professionals are not created equal. Your extensive research will help choose the right professional to handle your case. When you are searching for the best personal injury lawyer in LaGrange GA, you don’t have to look further than The Law Office Of John B Jackson.
We are a trusted name in LaGrange for all your personal injury lawsuits. Our team of personal injury attorneys has handled hundreds of accident and workplace injury cases on behalf of our clients. We have won millions of dollars in compensation for these people. Call The Law Office Of John B Jackson in LaGrange GA at (770) 988-6155 to file your personal injury lawsuit and obtain maximum compensation for your injuries.
Table of Contents
The Important Steps You Need To Take After An Accident
There are many steps that you should take after an accident in your workplace or on the road. These steps will help file your personal injury lawsuit and claim maximum benefits from the responsible party. Here are some of the most important things you need to do after an accident.
- Inform the accident to the police (if it’s an auto accident) or your immediate supervisor in case of a workplace accident. Get a copy of the police report to facilitate the filing of your case. You can notify the employer or your immediate supervisor about the accident in writing.
- Get medical assistance even if your injuries are minor. Most of the time, an accident victim may not feel severe pain after the accident due to an adrenaline rush. On the other hand, you need to retain all the medical reports and bills to help when filing your case and proving that you were actually injured as a result of the accident.
- Exchange information with the other party if you are involved in a road accident. Get the name, address, license number, and insurance information of the other party and give your information to them.
- Record the names of witnesses to the accident. Get the names, addresses, and contact information of any witnesses to the incident – whether you are involved in a workplace or auto accident.
- Take photos of the scene. If you have a smartphone, you can either video or take photos of the scene.
- Call a professional injury lawyer at The Law Office Of John B Jackson to handle your lawsuit and obtain compensation for your injuries. You should also remember to never admit fault for the incident without talking to a qualified lawyer.
Why Do You Need A Personal Injury Lawyer?
A personal injury lawyer knows the ins and outs of personal injury law in Georgia. They specialize in handling injury cases in workplaces, vehicle accidents, medical malpractices, dog bites, defective products, and wrongful death cases. Here is why you need a highly specialized lawyer to handle your case:
- The lawyer has experience in investigating, evaluating, preparing, and filing your case
- They have negotiated with hundreds of insurance companies in the past
- They will take your case to trial if the insurance company refuses to pay you the maximum compensation you rightly deserve
Types of Damages You Can Recover In Georgia
You are entitled to recover three types of damages in LaGrange GA. Economic compensation covers past, future, present medical bills, wages lost due to disability, nursing care, physical therapy, loss of quality of life, and funeral expenses in case of death of the victim. Non-economic compensation is difficult to calculate compared to economic compensation and may include mental distress, emotional counseling, suffering, pain, and loss of companionship.
On the other hand, punitive compensation is due in some cases where the at-fault party has behaved irresponsibly or recklessly in causing damages to the victim. These damages are designed to prevent other people from behaving in a similar manner.
How Does Georgia Determine Liability?
Georgia is a state that practices comparative negligence. The victim will receive compensation depending on his/her involvement in the accident. For example, in an auto accident, if the judge or jury finds that the plaintiff is 35% responsible for causing the accident, they will reduce the amount of compensation of the victim to 65% of the total amount. There are four elements that the plaintiff need to prove to claim damages from the at-fault party such as:
- The defendant has a duty of care towards the victim
- The defendant breached their duty of care
- The accident was caused due to this breach
- The victim was injured due to the accident
How Much Time To File A Claim In Georgia?
The statute of limitations in Georgia is two years from the date of the incident. You need to file the case before this period.
How Much Does A LaGrange Personal Injury Lawyer Charge?
The lawyers at The Law Office Of John B Jackson don’t charge anything from the client until he or she wins the case for the client. We work on a contingency fee basis or a no-win-no-fee basis. You pay a percentage of the compensation amount after we win the case for you.
Contact the Personal Injury Lawyers at The Law Office Of John B Jackson
If you are injured in a workplace or auto accident due to someone else’s fault, you can claim compensation from the at-fault party. You should hire the best personal injury lawyer to handle your case. Call The Law Office Of John B Jackson in LaGrange GA at (770) 988-6155 to file your personal injury lawsuit and obtain maximum compensation for your injuries.