Carrollton, GA accidental injuries can happen anywhere, and when they do, they often result in serious damages. There is not a single personal injury attorney in Carrollton, GA that won’t agree that injuries often require extensive medical care and treatments, lengthy recovery times that can prevent you from working or doing the activities you once enjoyed, and long-term disabilities that can impact your overall quality of life.
When you are the victim of accidental injuries, you need the kind of dedicated, effective legal representation that gets results. At the Law Office of John B. Jackson, our experienced Georgia personal injury attorneys work diligently on your behalf, using our legal knowledge and expertise to get you the compensation you deserve. With a network of innovative legal solutions and a dedication to providing excellent customer service, we have helped clients collect millions of dollars in damages through insurance company settlements and personal injury lawsuits. Do not let your injuries sideline your health or impact your financial well-being. Get the help you need to recover from your accident and injuries by contacting our Georgia personal injury firm today.
Compassionate, Professional Legal Representation In Personal Injury Cases
Accidents and injuries resulting from another’s reckless or negligent conduct are alarmingly common in the United States, and can result in severe, potentially life-threatening harm. At the Law Office of John B. Jackson, we provide compassionate, professional legal representation for clients injured in the following types of accidents:
Car and Truck Accidents
According to the latest statistics from the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA), more than 2.3 million people in the United States were injured in motor vehicle accidents in 2014. Car crashes and collisions are one of the leading causes of accidental injuries and death, and in many cases, these accidents are a direct cause of another driver’s reckless or negligent driving behavior. The NHTSA lists the following as some of the most common causes of motor vehicle accidents:
- Driving under the influence: Despite public awareness campaigns, increased laws, harsher penalties and the efforts of law enforcement officials, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs continues to be one of the leading causes of motor vehicle accidents and fatalities.
- Speeding and aggressive driving: The NHTSA reports that speeding and aggressive driving behaviors such as tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, disregarding traffic signals and making improper lane changes are responsible for more than a quarter of all driving accidents, resulting in economic damages each year of more than $52 billion.
- Distracted driving: According to the Governor’s Highway Safety Association (GHSA), while distractions such as programming GPS systems, changing radio stations, and even talking to passengers can divert attention from the road in front of you long enough to cause an accident, the use of cellphones and texting is one of the most common types of distracted driving behavior. Georgia law prohibits drivers from texting behind the wheel, but there is currently no law in place to prohibit drivers from using cellphones while driving.
- Drowsy driving: As increasing numbers of people work longer hours with less sleep, drowsy driving has become an increasingly dangerous factor when it comes to motor vehicle accidents. Driving while excessively tired and falling asleep behind the wheel is estimated to result in nearly 40,000 injuries each year.
Our Georgia car accident attorneys know that even a minor car accident can result in serious injuries. Common types of injuries suffered by people involved in these accidents include broken bones, lacerations, muscle strain and sprains, and head, back, or neck injuries.
According to statistics from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, nearly 4,000 people die each year as the result of being involved in a truck accident. While 16 percent of deaths involved the truck drivers themselves, the remaining percentage involved cars, motorcyclist, bicyclists and pedestrians. Due to their large volume and heavy weight, truck driving accidents can produce extensive harm and property damages. Severe injuries that can be sustained in trucking accidents include the following:
- Head, back, and neck injuries;
- Extensive burn injuries;
- Multiple bone fractures;
- Serious cuts and lacerations; and
- Permanent scarring and disability.
When you have been involved in this type of accident, our Georgia truck accident attorneys have the experience you need in dealing with the trucking company and its representatives, assisting you in holding truck drivers responsible for the damages they cause.
Personal Injuries Related To Bicycle and Motorcycle Accidents
Our bicycle and motorcycle accident attorneys know that while Georgia’s temperate year-round climate makes it ideally suited for riding enthusiasts, motorcycle and bicycling accidents present a very real and potentially life-threatening danger. According to reports from the Georgia Department of Transportation, nearly 1,000 bicycle accidents occur annually in our state, while the Georgia Department of Highway Safety reports roughly 150 motorcycle fatalities each year. Oftentimes, the cause of these accidents is related to motorists not yielding to cyclists, failing to adhere to traffic regulations, and engaging in reckless driving behaviors, such as speeding and drunk driving. Common types of injuries sustained in bicycle and motorcycle accidents include the following:
- Scrapes, cuts, and lacerations;
- Muscle and tendon sprains, strains, and tears;
- Broken bones and multiple fractures;
- Head and neck injuries, including traumatic brain injuries; and
- Back and spinal cord injuries that could result in paralysis.
According to dog bite statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 4.5 million people are victims of dog bites and attacks each year in the United States. Our experienced Georgia dog bite attorneys know that while even a friendly, familiar dog can be provoked to attack if it is sick, injured, or maltreated, many of these injuries occur as the result of reckless and negligent dog owners. Despite leash laws and laws requiring owners to keep their animals contained within their property, some irresponsible owners allow their dog to run freely, where they can hurt and cause serious injuries to others. Common injuries as the result of dog bites and attacks include the following:
- Serious cuts and lacerations;
- Puncture wounds;
- Torn muscles and tendons;
- Diseases resulting from infections; and
- Psychological trauma as the result of being bitten.
Premises Liability Cases
Cases involving premises liability, in which the owner of a property is responsible for an injury occurring, are one of the most common types of personal injury cases. While injuries in premises liability cases are often thought of as an accident, with the injured person often blaming themselves as being ‘clumsy’ or not paying attention, our experienced premises liability attorneys know that these types of injuries are often the result of someone’s reckless or negligent conduct. According to statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the most common types of unintentional injuries include the following:
- Slip and fall injuries;
- Being struck by or against something;
- Being cut by an object; and
- Food poisoning.
These types of accidents should be taken seriously, as they can result in severe and potentially lingering conditions, such as muscle strains and sprains, bone fractures, disk problems, and head injuries. These so-called accidents often occur as the result of such factors as wet floors, uneven walkways, inadequate lighting, public places undergoing construction and renovation work, and improper food handling techniques.
Product Liability Cases
Product liability cases involve injuries caused by dangerous or defective products for which you may be entitled to compensation from the manufacturer, designer, seller, or distributor. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), injuries, deaths, and property damages resulting from defective and dangerous products result in costs of over $1 trillion a year. The CPSC maintains an extensive database of products that have been recalled for posing a potential threat to consumers, which includes the following types of items:
- Electronics and electrical equipment;
- Appliances and home furnishings;
- Construction equipment, tools and home maintenance supplies;
- Cars, bikes, motorcycles, and other forms of transportation;
- Children toys, clothing, and furnishings; and
- Pools, spas, and recreational equipment.
Our product liability attorneys know that defective products can result in serious injuries, including burns, severe cuts and lacerations, broken bones, choking hazards, and poisoning, as well as damage and destruction to your home or property.
Medical malpractice cases are on the rise in the United States, and recent Senate hearings on the quality of healthcare in the U.S. indicate that medical mistakes and errors are responsible for roughly 1,000 patient deaths each day. Medical errors have risen to become the third leading cause of death in the country, and have provoked a public outcry calling for increased oversight and patient safety standards. Our medical malpractice attorneys provide aggressive legal representation to get you compensation for medical errors that occur, including the following:
- Healthcare associated infections;
- Misdiagnosis and delays in diagnosing potentially life threatening conditions;
- Anesthesia and surgical errors, including wrong site, wrong patient, or wrong procedure errors;
- Prescription drug and dangerous medical errors;
- Cases involving nursing home injuries and abuse; and
- Defective and dangerous medical devices.
Any of the above can threaten the lives and overall well-being of patients, and doctors, surgeons, hospitals, and other medical providers can be held liable for the damages their mistakes and errors result in.
Contact Our Experienced Georgia Personal Injury Attorneys Today
At the Law Office of John B. Jackson, we understand the serious damages that can result from personal injury cases. Contact our experienced Georgia personal injury attorneys today for professional, passionate legal representation to assist you in getting compensation for the injuries you have suffered. Under Georgia law, you may be entitled to receive damages to cover costs such as medical expenses, lost wages, property damages, and pain and suffering relating to your injury. In cases where your injuries resulted from the reckless or negligent conduct of another, you may be entitled to punitive damages, meant to punish the at fault party. When it comes to your health and financial well-being, you need a law firm with a proven track record of success in getting justice for their clients. Serving Carroll County and the surrounding areas, our office is available to help; contact a personal injury attorney in Carrolton at the Law Office of John B. Jackson today.