If you get into a truck accident in Lawrenceville, there are certain things you need to do. As soon as you’re able to, you need to contact 911. The cops will come to the accident scene and do a thorough investigation. They’ll also prepare a police report that your truck accident lawyer can use to prove your case.
The next thing you need to do is go to the hospital. The cops will arrange for an ambulance to transport you to the hospital. This way, they can do the tests to make sure you’re okay. They can also create a medical record of your injuries.
Finally, you need to call an experienced truck accident lawyer in Lawrenceville. The attorney will negotiate with the insurance adjusters on your behalf. They’ll also fight to make sure your claim is handled properly from the start.
Why Would the Trucker’s Employer Deny Your Claim?
For the most part, if you get into a truck accident, you’ll have to sue the driver and the company they work for. Your Lawrenceville accident attorney will make sure you name both defendants in your lawsuit.
Generally speaking, companies are vicariously liable for things their employees do. However, that’s not always the case. The company has a right to prove why they shouldn’t be responsible for your injuries.
There are times when the truck driver’s employer will deny liability. They could do this for a variety of reasons, including:
- The driver was not on the clock at the time of the accident.
- The driver was violating company policy when they were involved in the crash.
- The driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- They don’t believe their driver caused the crash.
- Your injuries are serious and the claim is very large. They would rather take their chances in court or try to negotiate a settlement for a lesser amount.
- The driver did not have permission to use the truck at the time of your accident
If the employer does refuse to pay your claim, that doesn’t mean all hope is lost. Your Lawrenceville accident lawyer is going to work hard to get you’re the compensation you deserve.
Your Lawrenceville Accident Lawyer Will Demand Damages
If you get into a tractor trailer accident, you’ll surely suffer pretty serious injuries. The trucker and his employer should be responsible for your injuries. This is why you hire a truck accident lawyer in Georgia – to get you the compensation you deserve.
Some of the damages that you your Lawrenceville truck accident will demand includes:
- Medical Bills – You’re entitled to both current and future medical bills. If your doctor can show that you’re going to need future medical care, you should be compensated for this. They can do this using medical records. Or, they may submit an affidavit to the effect that you need long-term care.
- Lost Wages –If you missed more than a week or two from work, you can demand lost wages. Your lawyer will submit payroll records and tax returns to prove these damages.
- Pain and Suffering – These damages are intended to compensate you for any physical and mental anguish caused by the crash.
- Property Damage – If your car was damaged, you can demand that you be reimbursed the money to repair or replace your car.
Whether or not you qualify for these damages will depend on your injuries. If you’re seriously hurt, you’ll be entitled to more significant damages. Your lawyer will have to submit proof for each type of damages you demand. If the jury believes the truck driver caused the crash, you will recover the money you deserve.
Contact an Experienced Truck Accident Attorney in Lawrenceville Today
If you’re hurt in a truck accident, you should contact an experienced truck accident lawyer in Lawrenceville. They’re used to handling cases just like yours. Call the Law Office of John B. Jackson today and schedule your initial consultation. It’s absolutely free and you pay nothing until you settle your case.
The defendant will have lawyers working for them and you should too. In fact, you’ll probably be going up against a different set of lawyers for each defendant. If the employer is denying liability, they’re probably not going to provide a defense for the truck driver.
Don’t try to handle this on your own. There is too much at stake. It’s in your best interests to retain a truck accident lawyer in Georgia who has your best interests at heart.