Personal Injury Lawyer in Douglasville, GA
Severe damage resulting in physical and financial loss could happen unexpectedly at any time as a consequence of abrupt accidental injury. Long-term infirmity and incapacity may occur as a result of accidental injury, causing extreme detriment to your financial status, home life, and recreational enjoyment. If something like this happens to you, you need the type of expert representation who will compassionately walk you through the process of gaining all the compensation warranted by your accidental injury. Skillful and accomplished personal injury attorneys eagerly await you at the Law Office of John B. Jackson, prepared to use their extensive legal experience to obtain justice and restitution for your accidental injury. We can guide you through the legal process of recompense, as we have aided previous clients in collecting millions of dollars in amends for personal injury through our skillful juridical navigation and guarantee of professional and supportive treatment of customers.
Neither your quality of life nor your fiscal footing should have to take a loss caused by an accidental injury. Get the compensation you deserve and the rehabilitation you require by getting in contact with our Georgia personal injury firm. All too frequent an occurrence in the United States, mishaps and accidents can often result in personal physical impairment and crushing financial damage as a result of the imprudent and neglectful actions of others. The Law Office of John B. Jackson will ardently deliver an experienced personal injury attorney and car accident attorney that is sympathetic to the client for the subsequent types of accidents:
Car Accidents in Douglasville
As stated by the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA), during the year 2014 in excess of 2.3 million individuals received injuries in motor vehicle accidents in the United States. Negligent motor vehicle operators are a direct cause, in many instances, of car accidents which may lead to accidental injury or death. The NHTSA cites the following as a few of the accident-causing behaviors that occur the most often:
- Driving after the use of drugs or alcohol is sustained as one of the main reasons that accidents and fatalities occur, regardless of more rigid laws, more strident penalties, and increased work of the police forces.
- Every year, in excess of $52 billion in economic damages are caused by driving over the speed limit, driving in a threatening manner, weaving in and out of lanes, overlooking traffic signals, and failing to maintain a safe distance between vehicles.
- In accordance with the Governor’s Highway Safety Association (GHSA), reading and responding to texts and using a cellphone is one of the most commonplace distracted driving behaviors, followed by using the navigation system or changing stations on the radio, or simply conversing with those inside the vehicle. In the state of Georgia, sending and receiving texts while driving is illegal, but at present there is no legislation outlawing talking on cellphones.
- Drowsy driving is a rising unhealthy practice today as more individuals are forced to spend more time at work with less time dedicated to resting and recuperation. Getting behind the wheel while drowsy and falling asleep while operating a vehicle is the cause of a projected 40,000 injuries per annum.
Our Georgia firm is home to a car accident attorney, who knows that sometimes an auto accident that appears trivial may be the cause of pervasive health issues. Head, neck, and back injuries that could lead to long-term disability, muscle sprains and strains, abrasions and cutting wounds, and fractured bones, are some of the most frequent injuries sustained by those who have been involved in a vehicular collision.
There are nearly 4,000 deaths associated with truck accidents annually, according to the statistics compiled by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Sixteen percent of truck-related deaths involved truck drivers being killed with the rest being the deaths of car motorists, pedestrians, motorcyclists, and pedestrians. With the enormous weight of a truck, the damages can be substantial when involved in an accident. Possible injuries that could occur in a trucking collision are, as follows:
- Severe cuts and laceration to the body and face;
- Bodily and facial injuries related to excessive heat;
- Broken bones in various areas of the body;
- Brain, spinal, upper cervical spine injuries;
- Scarring that may not heal and/or permanent disabilities.
If you were injured in a trucking accident, please allow our experienced car accident attorney in Georgia works for you to keep your rights protected, assist you in recovering the damages the driver caused, and give you the experience you need in communicating with the trucking company.
Motorcycle and Bicycle Accidents in Douglasville
The weather in Georgia presents a pleasant climate for motorcycle and bicycle riding all year long and with that comes some very serious and possibly fatal hazards on the road. Annually, there are 150 fatalities related to motorcycle accidents according to the Georgia Department of Highway Safety. In addition, there are 1,000 accidents involving bicyclists in the state of Georgia per the data collected by the Georgia Department of Transportation. Accidents like these are often the result of a driver that has not yielded to a cyclist, driven while intoxicated or any other manner considered to be reckless, or not obeyed traffic rules and road regulations. Injuries normally sustained in motorcycle and bicycle accidents are as follows:
- Cuts and lacerations;
- Torn muscles/tendons and sprains;
- Bone fractures;
- Neck, head, and brain injuries;
- Spinal damages that could be permanent.
Annually, there are 4.5 million injuries related to dog bites in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). There are several situations that may lead a familiar dog to bite should the dog be sick or injured; however, the cores of these attacks are caused by owners that are negligent or just plain reckless. Any owner is required to have their pet on a leash; however, an irresponsible owner will ignore this allowing the dog to attack or injure other people. Injuries that can be the result of an attack are as follows:
- Lacerations or tears to the skin;
- Wounds related to a puncturing of the skin;
- Tendons or muscles being torn;
- Infection or diseases; and
- Mental anguish from the trauma of the attack.
Premises Liability Cases
The most common type of personal injury case, a premises liability case is one where the property owner is seen as being accountable for injuries. People that have been injured in these premises liability cases are often considered to be the one responsible for their injuries due to their own carelessness; although, experienced premises liability attorneys know that in many cases it is the property owner that is responsible for the damages and should answer for the injuries of the victim. The following are the most commonly sustained unintentional injuries, according to the statistics compiled by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Injuries from food poisoning;
- Injuries from lacerations;
- Injuries from a slip or a fall;
- Injuries occurring from an individual being struck by something or struck against something.
These types of accidents should be taken seriously and can involve serious bodily harm that may or may not heal like that of head and neck injuries, back injuries, fractures or cracks in bones, and muscle and/or tendon sprains and strains. These “accidents” are often the fault not the injured party, but rather due to slippery floors, unlit or poorly areas, poorly maintenance of sidewalks, areas of construction and remodeling, and incorrectly handled food.
Product Liability Cases
The owner, seller, distributor, designer, or manufacturer could be found responsible and you could be awarded the compensation you need for your injuries. Defective and dangerous malfunctioning products are at the fault of one trillion dollars of injuries, deaths, and property damages each year according to the statistics of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). A database with a wide array of recalled products are maintained by the CPSC, such as the following:
- Electronic products;
- Furniture and home appliances;
- Transportation such as bicycles, motorcycles, and automobiles;
- Clothes and toys for kids; and
- Recreational products, such as pools and spas.
Severe cuts and laceration, burns, bone fractures, choking dangers, and poisonings, including damage to your property or house are all things that our product liability attorneys know defective products can cause. Each day in the United States there are nearly one thousand patient deaths related to medical malpractice according to the Senate hearings on the quality of healthcare in the U.S. The amount of deaths related to medical malpractice have climbed to the third larger cause of death in the United States provoking a cry for standards of safety to increase. To obtain the compensation you deserve, our team of medical malpractice lawyers will work hard on the following types of cases:
- Infections received while in the hospital or while receiving medical services;
- Errors that occurred in surgery or anesthesia, like that of wrong patient, wrong procedure, or wrong site;
- Injuries sustained as a result of drug-related errors;
- Abuse or injuries sustained in a nursing home or car facility; and
- Broken or malfunctioning medical equipment.
Any of these situations can be fatal and the doctors and medical care providers are responsible for your damages caused at their hands.
Contact our Experienced Douglasville Personal Injury Lawyer Today
The experienced group of lawyers at the Law Office of John B. Jackson know that the injuries and damages you have suffered can be extremely severe in a personal injury case. For a personal injury attorney that is professional and passionate, contact our experienced Georgia personal injury lawyer today so that we can get to work immediately on helping you get the compensation you deserve for the damages you received. According to Georgia law, you could be entitled to receive compensation for your losses and funds to pay expenses incur from medical services, wages lost from missing time at work, and damages to your property. You deserve a team that has a positive record of success in prevailing in cases for their clients when it comes to situations pertaining to your health and financial security. Here to protect your rights in the Douglasville and surrounding areas, the team at the Law Office of John B. Jackson is here to see that you get the help you need.